Monday, August 2, 2010

The wedding party

After a long while.. (15 years) My Aunt Amy and Uncle Dave are tying the knot! They are eloping, but that will not stop my family from throwing a party for them when they come home! I was nominated to have this shindig in my backyard, which I would have wanted anyway. I love to throw parties and am super excited to host this get together.
I want to make it as beautiful and elegant as a backyard wedding can be! This means I have to tap into my crafty and thrifty side.. which I love to do as well.
I am picturing a pergola with a chandelier, lanterns lighting up the trees and beautiful flower arrangements made of hydrangea, Lillie's and delphinium.
I was going to make a cake, but opted for cupcakes instead. I haven't decided on the flavors yet, maybe this would be a good time to consult the bride and groom!
Only 13 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment