So far my summer is nothing like I imagined it would be. I had these big plans to have the house organized and clean.. my flower gardens overflowing with blooms, and a bountiful vegetable garden. Well, lets just say that my house is in disarray, the flowers are not doing all that great, and my veggie garden only has a few tomatoes and 1 pepper!
My visions of having this are now becoming my determination to get moving!

The problem is, I can't pinpoint where I am going wrong.
I cleaned and organized all last week. The kitchen, the pantry, the bathrooms, the kids rooms, even the garage (for the millionth time) It just seems as though within 20 minutes everything is a mess again! I know that having 2 very active girls and a slew of family and friends can make things a bit unorderly, but I just cannot seem to get it all together..
I am always searching magazines and websites for new and crafty ideas. You know, the kind that headline "get your shit together in 2 minutes" (ok, not quite those words) But it all seems to be more fantasy than reality. For example: I was reading a very popular house and garden magazine which suggested ways to keep your house organized. After reading this article, I looked at their "where to buy" section. Well, I figured out that after all the crap you need to buy to get organized you would be spending at least $1500.00! I don't know about you.. but I don't have that kind of money and if I did, I am not sure I would spend it on shelving and label makers!
My visions of having this are now becoming my determination to get moving!

The problem is, I can't pinpoint where I am going wrong.
I cleaned and organized all last week. The kitchen, the pantry, the bathrooms, the kids rooms, even the garage (for the millionth time) It just seems as though within 20 minutes everything is a mess again! I know that having 2 very active girls and a slew of family and friends can make things a bit unorderly, but I just cannot seem to get it all together..
I am always searching magazines and websites for new and crafty ideas. You know, the kind that headline "get your shit together in 2 minutes" (ok, not quite those words) But it all seems to be more fantasy than reality. For example: I was reading a very popular house and garden magazine which suggested ways to keep your house organized. After reading this article, I looked at their "where to buy" section. Well, I figured out that after all the crap you need to buy to get organized you would be spending at least $1500.00! I don't know about you.. but I don't have that kind of money and if I did, I am not sure I would spend it on shelving and label makers!
Here are a few snapshots of my gardens....


My lonely Banana pepper...

No comments:
Post a Comment